In earlier days gaming is limited to consoles, boxes and TV video games and the players are very less as compared present days. After introducing Nintendo on 15th July 1983 the craze ware increased for games late sony PlayStation was introduced on 3rd December 1984 the complete gaming was changed to the modern way. In 15th November 2001, Microsoft has introduced Xbox for game lovers.
These inventions were taken a new era in gaming, people love to play games on gaming consoles like Nintendo, Sony Playstation and Microsoft Xbox. Now Xbox also integrated into Windows Operating systems, this is the default feature in latest Operation Systems from technology giant Microsoft. Also, check gba emulators for Windows OS if you love gaming on computers.
Gaming in Android:
In the 20th century, the most advanced and powerful mobile operating system was introduced on smartphones. This is the major change in the mobile industry, due to free availability, open-source and many customizations. This makes people love this Linux based mobile operating system called Android.
Android made gaming easy on palm-sized smartphones, now you can play high-end mobile games to small puzzle games on Android devices. With the help of emulators, you can play GBA (Game Boy Advance Nintendo games) games on your smartphones.
10 Best GBA emulators for your Android
ClassisBoy Android emulator is the powerful all-in-one game emulator for Android devices, it supports a wide range of Games such as PlayStation1 (PS1), Nintendo 64 (N64), GameBoy Advance (GBA), GameBoy Classic (GB), GameBoy Color (GBC), and many more.
- External joystick support.
- Maximum 4 players support.
- Auto-save and restore game state.
EmuBox is the fast game emulator available for Android and runs all your old game ROMs. This is also, an all-in-one game emulator for Android supports a wide range of games.
- Emulated GBA, GBC, NES, PSX, NDS games on Android.
- Multi emulator with the material design.
- Fast forward support.
- Save and load/restore a game from any state.
- Setting to optimize performance.
GameBoid is one of the popular android emulators to play GBA games on your Android. You can download it free from the play store, it has 3.5 ratings. This is the modified version of GameBoid (an open-source project).
4. My Boy! GBA Emulator:
My Boy! GBA is the best-paid GBA emulator as compared to many other paid emulators, it has 4.6-star ratings on play store. And most downloaded emulator for Android. It runs all GBA games on almost all range of Android smartphones (low-end to high-end configurations).
- Fastest emulation and smooth performance across all devices.
- Integrated battery saving system.
- No BIOS file needed to play a game.
- OpenGL and normal rendering.
- Save the game at any stage and start from there later.
- Sync saved games to Google Drive.
- External controllers support.
5. The Zafiro Simulator Of G.B.A – Glass Edition:
The Zafiro Simulator of GBA is the ultimate free GBA emulator for your Android, it has 4.7-star ratings on play store.
- Guarantee 60 fps on any old hardware configuration.
- Fastest GBA emulator on any device.
- Fast forward and slow-motion.
- Save and restore the Game state.
GBA.emu is the paid emulator with advanced emulation features, it has 4.5-star ratings on play store. It has many built-in features and gives good performance across all devices.
- Based on VBA-M r1097.
- Designed and tested on Samsung, Sony, Nexus devices.
- No BIOS file needed.
- Cheat code support.
- Screen orientation support.
7. John GBA:
John GBA emulator is available in two modes such as paid and free versions. The difference between this two is free version contains ads and the paid version does not serve ads. Here are download links for both, also feature are listed below.
- Original GBA engine.
- Supports cheat codes.
- You can search Game files stored in the device.
- Save and restore the game state.
- Fast forward and slow motion.
- Sync to DropBox.
- No ads and no internet connection required (available in paid version).
RetroArch is the opensource GBA emulator available freely for Android devices. You can download and install from here.
- You can remap keys as per your requirement.
- It supports cheat codes.
- Multi-language support.
- Timely updates.
GBC.emu is the open-source and advanced GameBoy (color) emulator for Android. It was tested on Samsung, Sony and many other Android devices.
- Supports cheat codes.
- Backup and restore the game state.
- Works on any screen orientation.
- Supports Wii controls.
10. My OldBoy:
My OldBoy emulator comes in two modes one is paid and another one is free, the free version serves ads and paid comes with full features with 0 ads. It has a 4.6-star rating on Google play store and downloaded many users.
- Compatible with all games.
- Battery saving mode helps to play a long time.
- Save games at any time and restore it later.
- IPS/UPS ROM patching.
- External game controller support.
- Remapping the game controller keys.