For the TL;DR folks, this post cover:
- Best media apps.
- Best productivity apps.
- Best Social media apps.
- Best Password management apps.
Microsoft has been pushing really hard to fill up the Store with good apps. There are many apps on Store which are useful but you may be unaware of it. So we selected the best windows 10 apps useful for every user by looking at the reviews, features, and performance of the apps. Also, read VMWare windows installation guide.
Check out the latest list of best Windows 10 Apps 2019:
Microsoft store is a part of the Microsoft Universal platform, means that you will not find software just made for PCs instead they work for other Microsoft owned platform too like Xbox, Hololens and Mobile phones.
Adobe Photoshop Express
Adobe offers a lot of powerful tools for PC but not everybody needs Photoshop for basic edits. Meet Photoshop Express, a free Photo editor with all basic editing capabilities you will ever need. There are total 45 effects under “Looks” which change the mood of the image and make it suitable for social media or other things.
- Corrections (A lot of adjustment options)
- Spot heal
- Fix Redeye
- Auto Fix
- Raw Photo support
VLC is easily the best media player for PC you can find. It is much better than Microsoft’s Media player and VLC support almost all Video formats. It is open source and the UI is non-distracting and full of features.
Microsoft’s To-do app is one of the best software you will find on Store, in fact, on other platforms too. The working of this app is plain simple, add a task and choose the data for competition. You can add other people too to make a change to the list.
Reddit is one of the most visited websites in the world, there are some helpful communities, news subreddits and almost all type of other subreddits.
Readit first released for Windows phone but now available for other windows devices too. The interface is quite good. It supports the theme and Reddit Gold feature.
Here are the features of Readit:
- Gold Feature Support
- Secondary Tiles
- Toast Notifications – Detailed for specific users/messages/comment replies
- Pinning Subreddits to your start screen for easy access
- Complete Imgur integration with native Album browsing
- Gilded comments indicator
- Complete Reddit markdown support
- Good performance
- Customizable Theme
- Many more features
Youtube desktop version is not as good as Youtube app version. You cannot watch Video and read the comments at the same time and while browsing videos and channels, you have to stop the Video.
Mytube is a very handy app which plays Youtube Videos and you can read the comments, browse other Channels and Videos at the same time.
You can play Audio of the Video in the background while using the Windows which is a very great feature. The Trail version of this app has some limitation on watching time, you can use the app for 1 hour in every 3 hours.
Plex is a media management software which offers a lot of features other than just management. Plex organize videos and photos from your PC as well as from Online streaming services.
An Alternative to Onedrive and Google Drive, Dropbox has managed to stay in the game with no big company behind it.
Dropbox is an online service which let you store files and you can access them anywhere or your team can access them too. Dropbox also started “Paper”, a Google Docs like online service but with a lot of features focused more on teamwork.
Instagram needs no introduction, it is a Social network primarily based on sharing of Photos and videos. Instagram has a large community of over 500 million people. One of the best Social site to follow your favourite celebrity or Artist. The Instagram app for Windows 10 got all functionalities.
Dashlane is a Password manager used for security purposes. We highly recommend a Password manager to every user out there. Dashlane gives a very strong and unique password everytime you make a new account on a site and then store it in the vault.
Note: A different password for every website makes the security a lot easier and strong.
Features of Dashlane:
- Save and organize all of your passwords
- Automatically log into the website
- Have unique, secure passwords for each of your accounts
Fused blend photos and Videos with different exposures or with different lightings conditions. Double exposure is a process if you do it in Photoshop but Fused do it automatically.
After the blending process, you can mask the image and adjust the parameters to make the resulting image according to your taste.
Features of Fused:
- Import and blend video clips (up to 15 secs), photos.
- 20 real-time blending modes
- Colour adjustment tools for more control
- Mask the blending area
- Share to social places
- Collections for Inspiration
Spotify is the world most used song streaming service. You can listen to your favourite song, browse the charts, listen to Playlists, Radio and other songs based on your interests.
The free version of Spotify music play all kind of music but online only. You can browse and listen to all songs, Playlists, and Podcasts with Advertisements but within limited quality.
The paid version has no Ads and also offers much better quality. You can also download songs and listen to them later with no internet connection.
Wunderlist is a To-do app similar to Microsoft’s To-do app. Wunderlist allows you to create a different kind of list and share them with friends and other people. You can sync the lists between phone and computer so you can access them on any device.
Features of Wunderlist:
- Access lists on Computer, Phone or Tablet
- Share lists with family, friends, and colleagues
- Attach photos, PDFs, presentations and more
- Set a Reminder
- Organize your projects with Folders
Office 365 gives you all productivity app of Microsoft which includes Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Outlook, and Onedrive.
Microsoft office has been in the game since 1986 and it has evolved to a very polished and widely used Software. Although it is paid, it worth the money if you are into Productivity or other work which need software like Office 365.
- Optimized mobile apps
- Works across multiple devices (Android, iOs, Mac, and Windows)
- 60 minutes of Skype per month
- Microsoft support
WhatsApp is the most used messaging app in the world. Whatsapp is completely free and the number of features is great. Also, there are no Ads in the app although some rumours suggest that it may change in the future.
All messages are sent with an end to end encryption which means even the WhatsApp employee cant read your messages.
Features of Whatsapp:
- Send Photos, Videos and all other kinds of Documents.
- Free Voice and Video Calls (Use Internet)
- Group Chats
- Whatsapp web allows you to use Whatsapp on the browser
- Share your location
- Exchange contacts
- Set custom wallpapers
- Custom Notification sounds
- Broadcast messages to multiple contacts at once
Today, Everything happens on Twitter. Twitter is a social site like Facebook and Instagram but instead of selfies and images, Twitter primarily focuses on news and discussions.
Almost all companies and Individuals announce it first on Twitter and there are some communities like of MMA, Technology, Blogging etc which are very active.
Features of App:
- Write tweet and see others tweet on personalized Timeline
- See what topics and hashtags are trending now
- Find out who started following you
- Discover which of your Tweets were liked or Retweeted
- Respond to replies or be alerted to Tweets you were mentioned in
- Chat privately with friends and followers
- Share Tweets and other media
- Create a group conversation with anyone who follows you
- Customize your profile
Duolingo is a totally free app which helps in learning different languages. The supported languages are Spanish, French, German, Portuguese, Italian, Irish, Dutch, Danish, and English.
Although it is only a Language learning app, it is the best in the category. There are no Ads or any kind of hidden fee. There are small lessons to complete and you can earn achievements by progressing.
Netflix is the biggest streaming service with many top-rated series and movies. The Netflix app can be used on Xbox, Windows, and Mobile. You can download the shows and watch them later. There is a One month trial available if you want to buy the subscription.
Who doesn’t know Wikipedia? The world biggest encyclopedia with all kind of Articles on every topic. The Wikipedia app for Windows is open source and free.
Polarr is a Photo editor similar to the Adobe Photoshop express.
- Custom overlay and complex blending modes
- Dual lens effects and depth adjustments
- Adjustment tools
- face-editing tools with smart detection
- Add photorealistic effects
- Auto-enhance for exposure and white balance
- Dark or white colour themes
- Available for all devices: mobile, desktop and the web
Evernote is a To-do app where you can organize your work and make handwritten notes. It is similar to Microsoft’s To-do and Wunderlist.
Accuweather is one of the most used Weather app. It gives the very latest in weather news and information.
The MinuteCast feature gives minute-by-minute precipitation forecast that is hyper-localized to your exact street address.
- Severe weather notices
- Forecasts update every 15 minutes
- Temperature, wind speed, wind gust speed, and wind direction, precipitation and amounts, humidity, visibility, UV Index, cloud cover, pressure, and AM and PM times for sunrise and sunset.
- The Local Forecast Summary
- Live Tiles
Skype for Windows
Skype is a telecommunication service which allows you connect with others via message, voice or video call – all for free.
- Video calls
- Send photos, videos, documents
- Voice calls
EasyMail for Gmail
Google services are currently not available for Windows. But you can use Gmail with Easymail. You can manage Email, calendar, and Notes. You can use multiple accounts and switch between them in just a click.
- See the number of unread emails already on your lock screen and taskbar
- notifications for incoming emails
- Switch between accounts with one click
- Set up a passcode
Enpass is a password manager which stores the passwords and auto-fill them when you log in. It creates a unique and strong password every time you sign up anywhere. It syncs data over Mobile and PC through Dropbox, Google drive and Onedrive.
- Create unique and strong passwords
- Fills in your logins, credit cards and addresses using Enpass extension.
- Supports Windows Hello for quick unlock to access information.
- Use SQLCIPHER
- Enpass automatically locks itself when not in use.
- Available on all devices
Microsoft Sticky Notes
If you want a basic Note-taking app then Microsoft Sticky Notes is a very good Choice. The app has now Cloud sync, better design, and Pen support.
Microsoft Office Online
Office online app adds an icon to Edge browser which allows you to access office Online with one click. It comes with all features of Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
You can open files which are stored on the Cloud or locally. The best part is that office online is completely free which make it a direct competitor to Google Docs and Sheets.
Open Live Writer
If you are a blogger or Journalist then this app is for you. Open Live Writer is a lightweight blog editor that allows you to create blog posts with images and Videos. You can Publish the post to your website easily.
The supported CMS are WordPress, Blogger, TypePad, Moveable Type, DasBlog and many more. You can also create posts offline.
Hotspot Shield Free VPN
Hotspot Shield is a free VPN with a large user base which makes it a trusted VPN not just on Windows but on other platforms too.
VPN stands for Virtual Private Network which can unblock any blocked site in your country and it gives anonymity to a user. It works on every network type like Wifi, 3G, and 4G. Hotspot shield has 2,500 VPN servers in 25 different countries.
Here we have listed 28 best Windows 10 apps for every user PC/Laptop, these apps are tested by us on the basis of looking at the reviews, features, and performance of the apps.